Friday, January 25, 2008

You might call it hiccups....

or maybe just awful reception! Yesterday Matt asked John (big) to come into the t.v. room as the t.v. wasn't working right, or so Matt thought. From the kitchen, John asked him what it was doing. Matt explained the cord in the back must be coming out, because the screen had all little squares in it. I assume he was talking about pixels, as our Comcast service does this quite frequently. In any event, John finished his lunch and went to evaluate the situation. When he got to the t.v. room, Matt explained it was all fixed. "I think Sponge-Bob just had a bad case of hiccups, and that's why there were squares."

I wouldn't be surprised if Comcast uses this excuse sometime, as their service is lousy. Just blame it on Sponge Bob! Though most of the time I can't even get a real person on the phone. I wait for about ten minutes or so, then a get a recording saying I am being transferred. Finally, I get the disconnection sound. They hang up on me!

9 comments:

Happy Days said...

ha ha ha! that's a good one, Matt!

kimmy said...

Spongebob can be blamed on so many things. Just look out for those crabby patties!

Kimmy

Misty said...

Yes! Look out for the crabby patties and funky underpants!

kim-d said...

Spongebob had a bad case of the hiccups? HAHAHA...gotta love that kind of thinking. Okay, I admit I'm the last dork on earth who only has regular old network TV--no cable, no dish, no satellite, no nothing except the 8 little channels I get from the antenna on my roof. And when I read stuff like your experiences with Comcast, I remember why I remain a dork like that. I am NOT looking forward to next February, when I will be forced to pay for TV service that...well, for lack of a better word, sucks. Great.

shay said...

Ha ha.
We like to blame spongebob for things too. Like when we use or "imagination" (use big semi circle over your head while saying this)

girlymom said...

Oh that is a call I am not looking forward to and have been putting off for too long. I WANT a cheaper rate and I know they can do it! Maybe I will blame the hiccups! Cute story! Have a great weekend!

Robyn said...

Funny. I love our DirectTV. So glad we got rid of cable.

OHmommy said...

Your pictures are so lovely. Actually, they are more then lovely. They are amazing. What do you shot with? Do you re-touch? I need to start playing around with photoshop. Do you?

Zoe said...

my brother has comcast for their phone service at 75% of the time when you call them it says their phone is disconnected. then an hour later it works...not comcastic!