Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Reading Buddies....

I made an announcement during dinner last night. I proclaimed it there would be no television for the boys. It would be a night to simply read. Though John generally reads his book in bed every night, and we read to Matt, they usually watch t.v. for a little while after dinner. Every so often the t.v. needs a rest, as I am have reached my saturation point for Zack and Cody and Hannah Montana!

Well after dinner the boys went up to their room to get their pajamas on. A few minutes later I went upstairs to check on things and to go read a book to Matthew. To my surprise both boys were on the top bunk, and John was reading aloud to Matt. It really was a special moment. When I entered the room, I expected to see Matt playing on the floor with his action figures, but this was much better.

9 comments:

just jamie said...

What a moment! Nicely done Mommy!

Amber said...

I love that! When Big Daddy was 3 ge would read Yertle the Turtle to his little bother. He couldn't actually read then but he knew the book by heart. Both bothers remember that book and time together. I think that is sweet. Two tough big guys talking about reading Yertle the Turtle together...that is what makes a family.

Happy Days said...

you are doing something right!

lilnurse1126 said...

aww that is so cute! you deserve some gold stars!!!

Tonight i have off...so lets hope for the power outage tomorrow night! :)

girlymom said...

Oh what a precious sibling moment! We are at this minute in the middle of reading time. I can blog simply because I turned on the On Demand on the tv and it is reading a storybook that we have recently read, kinda a treat to have the cartoon version. Then it's back off with the tv and back to our books. My kindergartener has homework, I didn't expect this in Kindergarten, but it's way too easy for her- so it's not too time consuming. I am hoping that they send it home to be done because they are spending more time at school with the more difficult things. Hmmm...

girlymom said...

Oh and How Fast did you run to get the camara for those pics?!!! Thanks for sharing!

kim-d said...

Awww, Amy...now your boys have gotten me all verklempt. But in the best way possible!

Mary said...

I just love how serious john is when he reads! Remember at the end of the summer when he was GLUED to his magic tree house books and he'd read them walking to and from the car?!?!

Zoe said...

peyton has just discovered the naked brothers. he is addicted. cute pics...i love it when i see my boys "pretend" to read to ava...so sweet!