Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cristmas Eve, Pish Posh, and Stupid

On Christmas Eve morning, me and the boys did our usual; we went to the mall to see Santa. Why on Christmas Eve, you might ask? This tradition started about four years ago. That year, the boys had been sick for almost the entire month of December. In the previous years, I had always taken John to see Santa in the days or weeks before Christmas. That year, however due to illness, we never made it. On the night before Christmas Eve of that year, I just couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of how I didn't have a picture of the boys with Santa for that year. Needless to say, I awoke early the next morning, got everyone ready and headed to the mall by 7:00. Crazy or what? Maybe a bit crazy for going on Christmas Eve, but definitely smart for beating the rush with all those last minute shoppers. By 7:30 am, the boys had taken a picture with Santa and we were off for a breakfast of Cinnabuns!!! We have kept with the tradition each year since. I have really come to look forward to this yearly trek. It is rather fun to be at the mall on Christmas Eve morning with nothing else to do but see Santa. I love to people watch so while I sip my coffee and the boys eat their messy cinnabuns, I watch everyone scurrying to finish their shopping. We generally peruse a few of the small stores just in case some last minute things catch my eye!!! It's all fun. Like clockwork, we are making our way home around 9:30.

While getting into the truck after our Christmas Eve adventure, I dropped my keys in a puddle. Of course I exclaimed, "oh damn". I guess things just snowballed from there. The boys both said, "mom you just said a bad word!" I must have been on a Christmas "high" or something, because I told the boys they could say any word they wanted while in the car. I refrained but was curious to hear what they would say. I warned them it could only last while in the car!!! Are you ready for what they said???? Matt word was " oh pish posh" and John's was "stupid". While I know why John chose stupid (we don't let them say it at all!!!), I do not know where Matt got his word. Then again, I don't know where Matt gets a lot of things!!! That was it. I guess I know it would be pretty simple or else I wouldn't have suggested it. Any how, although super silly, it was fun while it lasted.

On a quick note, next time someone takes your parking spot or you step on your glasses, try saying "pish posh". I am sure you'll laugh!

john and matt aka pish & posh!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute. Kids always say the cutest things.

I think your tradition of sant and cinnabuns sounds great.

Happy Days said...

That is such a "Matt" expression, actually "pish posh" and the one on his face. I love it.

Happy Days said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Leigh said...

I'm somewhat of a potty mouth, I think I'm adopting "pish posh". That should be a nice substitue! Thanks for sharing.

Maria said...

I like that expression. That sounds like a nice tradition, visiting Santa on Christmas Eve. My problem is that the kids always ask Santa for something that "Santa" wasn't planning on getting on the He has to go out shopping again. BTW, I love to people watch, too. Sounds fun!

Zoe said...

lol. if i can the terrorists free reign to use language it would not be pretty! there would be no "pish posh"

AliBlahBlah said...

That is too funny, pish posh, it sounds like he's been watching too much Mary Poppins!!

I'm sure if I let my 2 year old say any forbidden word she wanted it would probably be 'candy'!!