Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A thing about spelling, again...

Matthew was just pounding on my calculator like it was a cash register. I told him to stop. Like I sometimes do, I told him it was old and that I've had it since high school (NOT a lie!). Anyway, he proceeded to ask me, "oh did you love Dad since high school too?" I didn't answer him yet, but I asked, "why? He said, "cause mom it says right here I (heart) .... " Well it didn't say "I (heart) John", for sure. Oh gosh I didn't even know John in high school. In fact he was graduating high school when I was in the sixth grade. I then told Matt I have always loved Dad!

I can't believe that under that little plastic flap on the calculator was something that I had written more than fifteen years ago!

Once again, I am confronted with a preschooler's raw ability to read or in most cases decipher text. Seriously, I need a new code. That way, no one could figure out. Then again, I wouldn't be able to remember it either, these days!!!

4 comments:

girlymom said...

Tooo funny- that would be just my luck! Old pictures from a dance- yeah they are floating around out there- fun times!

jenny said...

hahaha! i find stuff like that every now and then and boy does it ever take you back! :)

Kellan said...

How funny!! They don't miss a thing, do they?

Thanks Amy for the nice comment on my post. I consider you a good friend and hope you know that I always look forward to seeing you and want to support you as well. Thanks and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Misty said...

That is a riot..... at least it was your husband's name..... not some thing like don-juan...... (tee-hee)