Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Beauty Secrets?

Though I am sure no one needs to be reminded, it's the winter. The holidays are over (yes I came to that dismal realization last week, finally!!!) The days are short and cold. There's definitely not enough sun-light shining through those windows (my pictures reflect that!). That being said, I am sure everyone could use some pick-me-ups! Maybe we could all share our beauty secrets. Beauty comes from within but, most of us need a little help so I dare you to share a few tips. Send them along. I am open to suggestions from products, life-style changes, to inspiration. I'll start....

Aveda Lipsticks - I love them. I don't go to the mall often but sometimes I will make that special trip just for one of these. They rock and are a sure pick-me-up!

Pedicures - But you might say, "it's the winter!" Who cares? Still there's nothing better, well maybe not exactly but they are damn good!

Maybelline Great Lash - Nothing fancy needed. This does the trick. If there was only one thing I would wear (for makeup that is) it would be this. In fact, I would feel naked without it.

Benefits - I have only used this product line for about a year, I love it. I use some kind of gorgeous and big beautiful eyes. They are both awesome!

Exercise - This is definitely an mood enhancer. I have to have it!

Well these are just a few things that work for me.... well at least they make me feel good. I love to hear new ideas. If you have any, please share them.

On a more positive note, we are half way through January. Thank goodness!

8 comments:

Happy Days said...

Since Abby asked me today, why I have purple stripes in my hair (which, unfortunately, are my dark roots), I don't have any tips. I sure could use some!

heather said...

I have no beauty secrets... I need major help in that area. I'm in desperate need of a complete makeover. haha!

One thing that I've noticed makes me feel "prettier" lately this winter is Sunless Tanner. Having a little color on my skin helps me pretend I'm a little thinner, a little more confident in my appearance, and forget I'm stuck inside in freezing temperatures!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the mascara - I never leave home without it on. I have yet to find a sunless tanner that I really like, but I agree with Heather that it is another pick-me-up. I love to switch-up shampoo and conditioner, and in the winter time try to go with those that smell like summer - coconut, bright flowers, etc. Sounds cheesy, but it's cheap therapy in a bottle for the winter blues!

heather said...

I came back because I realized you were talking brands before and I didn't name my brand of lotion. I used L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Lotion most of last summer. One of the truer colors I've found and not a bad smell. It's got a little bit of shimmer to it as well, which is nice.

I was thinking the winter months would probably be a good time to try out samples and different brands to find a favorite, since no one's going to see much of your legs or even arms all covered up this winter if you end up with one that's not a winner.

Zoe said...

i love great lash too. cliniques black honey cream eyeliner and black honey lip gloss. bare esscentuals mineral veil. kinerase lotion. green eyeshadow.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I need a total body makeover.....

Maria said...

I like Bath and Body Works thick lotions! They smell good and feel so good on my dry itchy skin. I also like Nuetrogena hand cream. (Of course any kind of makeup, too!)

Mary Alice said...

I always have some Burt's Bee's lip shimmer in my purse, a hint of color like merlot - and it tingles a little, with the peppermint oil - an instant pick me up.