Monday, January 21, 2008

One time at band camp.....

Tonight will we were eating dinner Matt told a story to John (little) about some girl they met this summer while we were camping. It was some frivolous story, but yet Matt included every detail like it happened 15 minutes ago. He knew where they were (on our camp-site, of course because he couldn't go any further than that without us!), what she was wearing, what he was wearing, what flavor popsicle he was eating at the time, etc. etc. About five minutes after he told the story to John, he repeated it once again to his father (big John). John (little) was just rolling is eyes in sarcasm as if to say.... "duh didn't we all just here this?" but we just listened as he retold the story, while not losing one detail of the previous telling. My husband could hardly contain himself, as Matt told the story with so much animation. While being goofy as he sometimes is, my husband under his breath (or not so under his breath) chimed, "one time at band camp....." (silly line from the movie, American Pie) He was obviously goofing on the fact that Matt was going on and on with his details. Having said that, Matt unknowingly replied, "Dad that girl wasn't at band camp, she was camping where we were!!!"

Well we definitely got a hoot out of this one. Though neither of the boys have ever seen the movie, for obvious reasons. John with his more than 7 year old sense of humor appreciated his father's comments too! As I have said before, it's like he just gets it. Sometimes I forget that he's only 7! As for Matt.... well he's a whole other story!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I was just laughing while reading that! Him and his details.....I love when he starts playing back the previous nights movie when I'm trying to drop T off in the morning. He goes on and on and on!
As for John, yeah it does seem like he's been around forever!

Happy Days said...

hahahahah! I have tears in my eyes!! Last night when I said to John that it feels like he has been around forever, he said he feels like he has been around forever too! He is something else!!! Matt, he too!!! just love them!!!

girlymom said...

Sounds like he is a good storyteller! I know that movie is raunchy- but I have to watch it. It was created by some guys who grew up in a townnear here and is based on my little beach town. Kinda fun to see cuz I know which band camp they went to! Some of the beach scenes in the second film are actually of here. Kinda cool. Definately have to make sure the kids aren't around for these movies though!

Anonymous said...

That is too Cute!

jenny said...

too funny! i love when kids get SO into the stories they tell!

Zoe said...

HA! I used to work with this really creepy male nurse who was way into taking his kids to band camp. every time i think of "one time at band camp"...i think of him offering to show me his "trombone" BARF!