Sunday, October 28, 2007

Note to my self (and anyone else with kids!!!)

My biggest obsession and fear (I admit I am totally ridiculous but can't help myself) is wondering when my kids are going to get the stomach bug. I emphasize the when because of course they are going to get it, at least once a year (though the trend is more than likely it's twice a year in our house).

The note to myself is, make sure all laundry is done and put a way prior to the tornado, other wise known as the stomach bug, hits!!! I am sure I mentioned before that I am not a neat freak by any means. I try to combat the clutter to the best of my ability or should I say time I commit to it, but my huge pet peeve is, however, my laundry. I try to make sure it's faithfully done. There is a correlation between laundry and my fear of the stomach bug. In fact, they go hand and hand. If my laundry isn't done and someone in my house falls ill with the stomach bug, I am screwed!!! One other point I should make is that the laundry should not only be clean, but put away.

That being said, last night Matt projectile vomited for three hours. However, the damage was done in the first 30 seconds. First, he hit his entire bed and floor. Secondly, upon exiting his room to call for us, he hit both my laundry baskets of clothes that were washed and folded waiting for the fairy godmother to put away (doesn't every one have one?)

So the moral of this story is, when your child (in some cases husband!) comes down with the stomach bug, surely there will be a lot of laundry to do. Therefore, why would you want to do that and the rest of the week's laundry too? On top of it all, why would you want to rewash all the laundry that you already did??? Oh, I am kicking myself.

On a better note, Matt woke up with more energy than ever this morning. He feels absolutely fine. He rode his scooter and bike all morning. I am now almost caught up on laundry. I took out the bleach again and bleached the bathrooms (I want to abolish this bug!!!) Since the stomach bug motivates me, I also did a little bit more cleaning that I otherwise would have put off for a "rainy day". Now we can go get our pumpkins and go to John's soccer game. I guess it turned out to be a pretty good day after all!

4 comments:

AliBlahBlah said...

Hey, thanks for you kind comment about the fires in CA - glad to say that we're well away from it all, although earlier in the year we were nearly evacuated. I'm starting to wonder about life in California...

I completely echo your thoughts on the stomach bug thing, we've been hit hard twice and Anna is only 2. Please don't tell me it's a yearly thing.....

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

My mom was a freak when we had the stomach flu...she had us quarantined to our bedrooms, and reserved one of the two bathrooms as the "sick" bathroom and noone else was allowed to use it. Lysol everywhere, etc. But it never got passed from person to person at our house!!

Zoe said...

ewwww. gross. i can not do puke. when i was pregant with ava it swept thorough our house like the plaque. i spent 8 hours at the laundrmat washing all of the bedding in our household while some freaky carny hit on me. big fun.

Beth said...

ooohhh, i'm so sorry you guys have had the bug! we don't get it much...(knock on wood)....but when it hits, it's the worst! you got me motivated to do my laundry!!!