Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bleach....

I've been on a major cleaning spree here. I am still trying to purge this place of unnecessary stuff. I really must say that I was somewhat traumatized by the whole experience with my neighbor's house. (even thought that was EXTREME, and I know I am being a bit redundant here) In any event, I continue to rid our house of any clutter. I just can't stand it, but I have a way to go. In my quest to simplify my life, I think this is very necessary.

With Christmas coming, I am thinking about all the new stuff that my boys will get. Though we try to keep it simple, inevitably they get more than they need. Hence, we definitely have to get rid of some toys before the holidays. I really don't want to be anxious about too much stuff and not enough space. Rather I want to enjoy all the fun times that Christmas brings; it really is my most favorite Holiday. In fact, I love the entire season.

With that being said. I am off to go fill another trash bag. Oh and I almost forgot.... Getting back to my post title. John had his friend over today and after they both went in the bathroom to wash their hands before lunch, John says, "mom why does this bathroom smell like the YMCA pool?" (at least he didn't compare it to the YMCA bathrooms. Oh that could be another post!)

Well that would be, because I bleached it down to clean it. By the look on his face, you would have thought it was a bad thing or something. (usually I bleach at night when they go to bed) Oh well!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I love the smell of your house! It always smells clean!

Zoe said...

wanna come over?

Beth said...

you inspire me! eli's preschool is having a rummage sale next week, i have an evergrowing "donate" pile in my garage. both of the boys' birthdays are during the holidays (eli is christmas eve!) so i know our house will be taken over by lots of new things. maybe i should get out the bleach!

Anonymous said...

I have been on a cleaning/organizing rampage as well. I keep thinking of Christmas and how crap we are going to accumulate. AAAHHH!!! :)