Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thoughts for Thursdays

I want to share a shopping experience that I had the other day.

I went to TJ Maxx for my elderly neighbor. She got out of the hospital yesterday and basically needed everything for her bed and bathroom, ie, sheets, towels, blankets, comforter etc. etc. Anyway, I went there to get all in one place. It really wasn't that difficult. I just got all the stuff, put in the carriage and went to the checkout counter.

The stinger here wasn't just the long line. Of course I expected that, as there is always a long line there. Usually only one or two of the checkouts are open. Anyway, as I was in line, a woman (in her 30's) started to enter the store with her pit bull. I don't know what she was thinking, because I don't know any store that allows pets. Well the manager went over to her and explained that no animals were allowed in the store (except Seeing Eye Dogs). The woman whined about how she needed to return something. Next, the manager told her to go outside with her dog and she would send a cashier out to get her merchandise and make the exchange.

Now, I was boiling because this woman essentially cut the whole line. The one of two cashiers left went out, got the stuff, came back in, did the transaction, and went back outside to give the woman her change. This sounds quick but something went wrong with the exchange and it took a while.

If I didn't need the stuff I was buying for my neighbor, I would have walked right out. Since when do stores have drive through/walk up service? If they do have this it should be for everyone!!! Do you think I could have called from the front of the store, with my kids in the car and had the manager do my shopping for me? Absolutely not, it wouldn't be right. Why then could this woman cut the whole line because of her dog???

Without a doubt, I think the woman was very nervy. However, I think the manager was completely ignorant as well.

Wish I could be more positive today, maybe I will get there as the day goes on.

Here's some other Thoughts for Thursday bloggers:
Mary
Jenny

Zoe
Kristi

7 comments:

Mary said...

Was it really a pitbull?
Wowsers! People are nuts man!

jenny said...

wow. that is nuts! they would never do that for a mom with screaming children!

Zoe said...

um...that was flat out stupid of her. why would anyone think they could bring their dog in the store. i mean who is she britney spears? btw...why did your neighbor need all that stuff?

Anonymous said...

Did you complain???? I just don't understand where people are comming from these days!!!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

That is total crap!!!! I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut at the store about that one! ridiculous! They should've told her to "take a number"!!!
You are a very nice neighbor :)

Nicole said...

How irritating! I can not believe she would bring her DOG into a STORE... uhmm... if you're just returning something then leave it in the car. Or, better yet... at HOME.

I hate seeing people with their little dogs in stores in their purses or little dog carriers. So queer. I'm sure, like the dogs enjoy being all cooped up and treated like children HAHA!

Nicole said...

Oh, and even more irritating and I forgot to write it is that the manager totally catered to her! She should have told her to take her dog home or out to the car or tie it up outside somewhere. No way should she have gotten "cutting" rights.