Tuesday, October 30, 2007

flat irons, coffee, gas, cigarettes etc. etc.

Well I am off to a great start today!!! I burned my ear with my flat iron. Then a few minutes later, Matt called me from upstairs. I laid the flat iron down on the sink. While I was away from it, it fell on the floor and melted the cord. Ugh!!! (I was already scolded for leaving it on yesterday while I took the kids to swim lessons). Today, I think my note to myself is to forget about the flat iron. I lived without one for 34 years. I have only used it for one month and short of burning my house down, it's been a big problem!!!

Things got even better (well not really). I went to get my sister, Lisa, a coffee and waited about 20 minutes in the drive-up line. I swear some people order enough coffee and breakfasts for an entire week. Then the person like me, ordering one black coffee waits for a year!

As if I wasn't already a bit jacked up. I went to get gas. I pulled up with my 20 dollar bill in hand, rolled down my window, waiting for the attendant to help me. I guess that would have been too easy. Instead, he helped the guy at the pump next to me, who pulled up 5 minutes after me. I might not have been ticked (or as ticked) if the guy was buying gas but guess what he was purchasing? Cigarettes and scratch tickets!!!! Since when did gas stations become convenient stores. I waited a couple of more minutes while he then proceeded to pump that guy's gas and close out some one's credit card transaction. All the while, my gas was yet to be pumped. I should note that it's a full-service gas station, as most around here are. They do not like you to pump your own. After about 10 more minutes, I backed out and politely (sarcastically) said thank you. He replied, well we are pretty busy. I guess you need to be buying cancer sticks to get timely service there!

Now on to the next fiasco. I got to the grocery store and had to try 3 different carriages before one actually moved without sounding like a bus. In addition, a couple had broken child straps. I don't know if this happens to other people, but it's a weekly event for me. I can never pick a "good" grocery cart right off the bat. Well my final debacle was after checking out, I went to walk away and could find my car/house keys. Thank goodness someone turned them in. I guess I left them in one of the broken carriages. Fortunately these events are minimal and I can laugh about them!!! Hope you have a good day.

10 comments:

Zoe said...

aww. i hope you have a better day. a full service gas station...ohhhh...so nice in the winter. we don't have those here.

Mary said...

I don't have full service gas stations either and I only live 20 min away! You are spoiled!

Don't burn your house down. Then the T-man won't have any place to go to!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I am not the only one . . . by 9:00 this morning I had already stuck my hand in the back of two toilets (trying to keep them from running), re-washed a load of laundry (forgot to put it in the dryer, had that sat-wet-for-a-day-smell), and re-ran the dishwasher - husband turned it on, but forgot to put in the soap.) The day can only get better, right?!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Glad your house didn't burn down! LOL. I can't imagine someone having to pump my gas for me everytime...how annoying! Do you live in oregon? I heard it is that way there too.

jenny said...

full service gas? whoa, that'd be weird. and i'd be sitting there impatiently all the time! hope you are having a better day!

Happy Days said...

Don't you feel spoiled in a way hearing about all these people that don't have full service gas stations. But then, you would't be waiting while other people buy scratch tickets or cigarettes. It is never black or white!!!

Anonymous said...

The words "Chill Pill" and
"let the little things slide" come to mind. I guess going crazy over the little things runs in the family :)

Happy Days said...

I think we might have to do some detective work!!!

Mary said...

The "chill pill" comment was from Einstein. He owned up to it to me last night. Says he forgot to put his name in.

Happy Days said...

ha, ha, ha, ha!!!