Monday, October 15, 2007

Stalker!!!

Matt is just way too funny. He and John stayed home sick from school today. For about a week Matt has complained sporadically of a stomach ache. John took him last Monday to the doctors and everything was ruled out and negative, probably some sort of virus. Then John has complained of the same thing and off/on headache since Thursday night. Again their complaints were very sporadic. One minute everything was fine and the other, one or both of them would say their bellies hurt.

Finally early this morning, John woke us up saying he felt "really" sick. So off to the doctors we went this morning. I was questioning maybe strep but again, everything was negative for both boys. All day John has felt awful. Matt, on the other hand, is absolutely fine. His only complaint today was wanting someone to play with. With know school today, he was "craving" for someone to play with him.

Now, I am getting to my "Stalker" title. Well both Matt and John have a mutual friend named Ryan. Matt, of course having no concept of time has been wanting to play with Ryan all afternoon. Ryan lives a few doors down from us. Finally I let Matt go call for him. He returned, Ryan wasn't home yet. Then about a half hour later, he asked if he could go call for Ryan again. I told him he could but to come back and tell me either way if Ryan was home. About ten minutes went by, and I called Ryan's house. His dad answered and I asked if Matt was there. He said no. I apologized for "stalking" them because I had called a couple of times earlier about something unrelated. He laughed and told me that I wasn't the stalker but actually as he looked out his front door, Matt was sitting patiently on their front stairs. Matt was the stalker!!!! He wanted to see Ryan so badly.

A little while later, Ryan returned home from school with his Mom and Matt is happy!!! =)

1 comment:

Zoe said...

i used to work in public health...i got paid to be a stalker. it was fun.