Monday, October 8, 2007

Pumpkin Head...

I have a kind of funny story to tell..... A couple of years ago, I was out in the front yard with the boys. A friend from my mom's group was walking by. She is one of the nicest people I know and just hilarious too.

She stopped to talk. I think it was in September. Anyway, John was bent over by the front bushes picking up a ball. She looks over there and exclaims, "Oh wow you already have your pumpkins. That so nice."

Are you getting this? She mistook my son, John, and his red hair to be a freaking pumpkin! We didn't have ANY pumpkins. We never get them until October. Anyway, she talked for a minute and continued on her walk.

My husband was washing windows and over heard this exchange. He said, "did she really just say what I thought she said?" Of course she did.

I hadn't thought of this story in a while. The other day at the Fall Festival, another mom reminded me. I burst into laughing, and she did too.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love your pumpkin head and your little brownie too! Even when they are telling me off. And, it actually makes me sad when I've upset them because I love them!

Zoe said...

HA! I thought I was a ditz!

Beth said...

i love it! i really laughed at this!