Saturday, November 3, 2007

Lisa, remember this?

For as long as I lived at home, my mom always waited up for me. Whether I was babysitting late, working, or out with my friends, my mother was up or maybe lying on the couch with one eye open. She was pretty strict. For the most part, I couldn't get much past her, though I wasn't a complete angel either.

Well this night wasn't my fault. There was a party. I had had my license, therefore drove a couple of friends and my sister. I didn't even have so much as one beer. I cannot say the same for Lisa. I'll just say she had a great night!!!

I'll fast forward to the end of the evening. I drove everyone home. Lisa and I went in the house. My mom was wide awake. I had already told Lisa to go upstairs to bed as I didn't want her to give herself up! Of course, she did the opposite. She went in to chat with my mother. I sat with them for a couple of minutes. Embarrassed for Lisa I excused myself and went to bed. I tried to save Lisa's butt but she wouldn't let me. Ironically it didn't matter. After I went to bed. My mother remarked to Lisa that I was acting very odd. She then asked Lisa if I had been drinking. If I had been drinking!?!?!

In short. I was the responsible one that night. I didn't want my sister to get in trouble. She went home sat with my mother and rambled on, being silly and border line obnoxious and guess what? I got accused of drinking??? Go figure.

3 comments:

Happy Days said...

I was so lucky to have a responsible older sister. Sometimes I feel bad for the oldest child in the family because they are expected to be the "responsible one". Thanks Amy!!! We did have alot of fun!!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

My mommALWAYS waited up for me too...I never dared break the early curfew imposed on me!

NH Yocal said...

Gosh, this sounds like me and my sis. She was always the crazy one. Although older, she got away with things because of course I had to be so honest one...she still owes me.