Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Flat iron woes.....

After my previous flat iron calamities, I believe I was going to do away with the darn thing. I should have!!! Today before John's report card conference, the flat iron fell out of my hair and hit my neck on the way down. It burned my neck which now looks like a huge hickey. Oh that was a great way to look for a teacher conference. It will only get worse when my hubby sees my neck. Oh of course, he won't think it's a hickey. He'll know it's a burn. Then he'll probably toss it the trash on me!!! Do you think a little make-up will cover it???

7 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh ... hickey's - those were the good ol' days - thanks for taking me back. See ya.

Patois42 said...

Dump the flat iron. It sounds positively horrid. I bet you look great with curly hair? (That's what a flat iron is for, right? Getting rid of curls many other women would kill for?)

Mary said...

Amy uses a flat iron to make her already straight hair straighter. I seriously have no idea why she has one other than to harm herself! Me on the other hand, yes, I use it to get RID of the curls :)

jenny said...

hahaha - a hickey! i would die - but thanks for the laugh! :)

Unknown said...

Whoopsy! I hope the cover up worked?!

Zoe said...

girl you need some serious practice with that thing. maybe we could enroll you in a class or something. the only cover for a hickey is a turtleneck.

AliBlahBlah said...

Every summer I get wetsuit rash on my neck from ocean swimming, and every summer it looks like I'm a 30yr covered in hickeys! I feel your pain!