Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday's Favorites

Thank god it's Friday!!! On that note, I'll take a few minutes to highlight another "favorite". By doing this, I am reminded that there are so many good things in life. Here goes.....

Without music, I would be lost. It makes me feel good. Ever since I was young, I could remember song lyrics, and artists. I can still here a song on the radio and even if it's an "oldie", I can probably tell you something about what I was doing when I might have heard it. Hearing certain songs, can make me recollect vivid thoughts of car rides with my family. My father always liked his music too. He always had record albums playing and I thought it was wonderful when he would let me pick an album to listen to.

So many of the those one-hit wonders of the 1980's also stirs up memories. For me, that's when I grew up. Hearing songs from that era makes me think of what I was doing with my friends as a preteen and teenager. When I went to college, my taste in music spread out so much more. Like in many ways, can just expose you to more. It did this for me with respect to music as well.

Fast forward to 2007. I think my taste in music still broadens, daily. I enjoy country, pop, classical, and much more. I think that's another thing that I like about blogging. I love to see what if any type of music people are listening to and playing on their blog-sites. I sometimes even open up some one's site in the background so I can listen while I am on my computer. Right now, I am I have the Nicole Barczak Photography website in the background playing, because I find this music so soothing and peaceful. Additionally, I love my ipod. I love listening to it while I run. I have many different play lists which my mood usually dictates which one I will choose.

One of my favorite things to do is listen to music in my car, alone. When I am by myself. I listen to whatever I feel like, and I turn it up loud. I love this!!!

If you are interested in some of my current favorite songs, check out my play list midway down on this screen. I update it periodically. Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you're listening to as well. I would love to hear.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so behind technologically that I don't even have an IPod. Gasp!

Zoe said...

what do you think they will play over head when we are in the nursing home? nirvana?

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE Jack Johnson fan. His music is so soothing to me. Do you have his Curious George soundtrack? Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love David Gray! "This Year's Love" followed by "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye" at a moderate volume equal two sleeping babes when we are in the car.

I am also a total sucker for lullabies, and though I am not a huge Martha Stewart fan, she put together an album of lullabies that I absolutely love - Nickel Creek, Allison Kraus, Barenaked Ladies . . . worth checking out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I also agree with Leslie - Jack Johnson is great, and the Curious George soundtrack is a must have - another one of the kids' favorites, as well as mine.