Thursday, January 31, 2008

Six Degress of Zoe....

It wasn't until last year that I ever heard the statement- six degrees of Kevin Bacon. You may ask what this idea reflects. I certainly needed explanation the first time I heard it. Further examples and an explanation can be found here. It is based on the theory that Kevin Bacon is the epicenter of the entertainment hub and that any actress or actor can be linked back to him within 6 connections (degrees)! This concept was created by a group of students at Albright College in Reading Pennsylvania. Additonally others belive that in general any person in the world can be linked by only six or 7 degrees of seperation.

Though blogging is relatively new to me. I have recently concluded that my fellow blogger, Zoe typifies this notion. She was the first person ever (excluding my sis) to comment on my blog. I often think if it wasn't for her, it would just be me and both of my sisters blogging to each other. How freakin lame would that be? As some other bloggers have affectionately used this term "gag me with a spoon" recently. Oh goodness, I am dating myself. If it wasn't for hearing this expression recently, I would have thought it was dead in the grave of proverbial slang! Reincarnated I suppose, it is!

Getting back to Zoe, I find that she has been the center of blog world. I have traveled the blog roads pretty intensely over the last few months. Whenever I think I have taken a sharp turn, perhaps getting lost in my travels, Zoe is there. Without a doubt, she has a lot to share.

Again, I thank her. She has expanded my blog lines tremendously! It would be a frightening blog world if it were just Lisa, Mary, and me!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ode to Zoe! She is a Great commenter on blogs! I need to be better at commenting and she makes me want to be better. I promise that I do read all of the posts but for some reason I don't always hit the comment button.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I was thinking the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. And I agree with Denise - she is such a great commenter, and though I am always reading, I don't always hit 'Comment' when I should.

Family Adventure said...

Wow, with such a fabulous write-up, I have to go check out Zoe now.

I agree that the blogospher works in weird and wonderful ways. And we all need our very own Zoe! :)

Heidi

girlymom said...

I don't know how frigntening it would be, you are a fun bunch! :)

Now I have to go see if I know Zoe~ I see you are surviving your crazy day, well at least the first half right?!! GL

Anonymous said...

Like Denise said, "ode to Zoey." That was a really sweet post about her. I am sure it will definitely cheer her up. :)

And yes, she is a great commentor.

Zoe said...

OMG... I haven't blushed in ages!!! You are too freakin funny! Thanks so much XO

Michelle Leigh said...

I agree. Zoe is always there when it seems no one else is! She's always got great things to say and she is so human in her nature. She is everywhere too! She must be magic!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Great blogger, that Zoe ;)
Here, here!

Happy Days said...

she is a good woman! I feel like I have known her all of my life. my gosh, she does show up everywhere.

jenny said...

zoe rocks. she's here, she's there, she's everywhere!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

ooooh that is so cool. i bet we could all find a blog or two that link us all....i have noticed this a lot myself lately.

i am still trying to gain readers - but my not blogging frequent enough, i think, doesnt help...lol

i will just have to get better!

;o)

(((hug)))

a-Licious

Robyn said...

I love her blog too. She's how I've found a few of you.

Amber said...

I so know what you mean, it is crazy who will turn up on a blog. Thanks for saying "gag me with a spoon," I haven't heard that in so long...awww memories!

Maria said...

Zoe was one of my first commenter's too!
Maria

kimmy said...

It is amazing how many of these blogs are connected! It really is a small world!

Have a great weekend!

Kimmy

kim-d said...

Hi Amy! I'll be back to comment for real later but I don't want you to forget me so I needed to say a quick hi :) ...

Amy said...

LOL, my dh and I play this game all the time with different celebrities, people we know etc...we can almost always connect the degrees in six or seven steps...makes you realized how small the world really is...huh?

Amy said...

oh btw, will have to go check out Zoe now..LOL

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hi, Amy!

Thanks so much for the kind words you left me yesterday, it really helps alot! I have heard of the "Bacon" thing before, and have to admit it is pretty strange how many people are connected to him in one way or another! Small world sometimes. I'll have to go and check out Zoe now, maybe she is the missing link to bloggyhood, huh? :)

Lizzy

OHmommy said...

It is so true... the six degrees of seperation in the blog world. i see the same people on so many blogs!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I don't know Zoe, I think I am going to find this Zoe. Thanks

kim-d said...

Well, I feel so out of it, and so unpopular! Zoe has never commented to me. So I must track her down and find out why. I think that we're just going to have to proclaim today "Zoe Day." Thanks for cluing me in on this! HAHA!