Friday, January 18, 2008


I was tagged by my sis, Mary at Happenings Today to think about something in a different way. Here goes.....

In my case, I sometimes "think" way too much especially with respect to decorating. While I have been in the house more than usual due to the cold weather, I discontent with my decor. Not the staples such as furniture and curtains etc, rather the fine details. We did major renovations to our house almost four years ago by adding on a second floor addition. It was a pretty overwhelming process, and I feel like I never finished the final touches on things. Rather I am bored with my "lack" of things that make a house a home. I have so many family pictures and prints to hang on my linen colored wall, yet I perseverate with respect to hanging them. I worry that I will make a mistake or I won't like the arrangement etc. I would like to repaint a couple of rooms but instead of actually doing it, I think about it. Maybe it's just procrastination.

Since Mary's tag, I resolve to "think" less and perhaps take a more whimsical approach to decorating. I have so many photos that should be displayed, perhaps I'll buy some paint and get out the brushes too. If I don't like the results, I can always change it again. I just can't "think" too much about it!

I am tagging:
Leslie - Collins Family Ramblings

Heather - Everyday Life

kim-d - lifeafter

7 comments:

Maria said...

Sometimes I think too much about things, too. Then I just stop myself and say it's really not that important! Good luck!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

oh yea...i am a thinker...and then i think about my thinking...and then think about my thinking about what i think and then i think about that and then think some more....i OVER think....and then think about OVER thinking...

i need help....LOL

Amy xoxoxooxox

AliBlahBlah said...

You should definitely just go for it - dedicate one wall to the photos/paintings project, that way you can always rearrange them - I always think photos look better in a crowd like that.

kim-d said...

Thanks Amy! I'm one of those weirdos that likes to get tagged :). Before I head over to actually commit to something I'm going to think differently about--I've already had some time to think about thinking differently--I just had to tell you I am doing the EXACT SAME THING with the procrastinating on hanging the pix and/or prints! I just did lots of redecorating, including the furniture, and I am so in love with my freshly and professionally painted walls that I just can't stand the thought of pounding nails into them. Even though I have some really cool stuff to hang! So, you are not alone! You put a whole second-floor addition on your house? I bow to you! There were times I thought I was going to lose my mind with mine--which was nowhere close to an ADDITION! I'll bet it was worth it, though!

Okay, over to my place to do my "tag"! :)

Misty said...

And have fun while you're at it, too......

Zoe said...

i agonize over things like paint color and pictures. i have been looking for the perfect fabric to make some new curtains and change stuff up.

Michelle Leigh said...

I should do this too. I would love to be more positive about the end of this pregnancy, I guess all it takes is a new perspective on things, huh?