Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Chocolate Chips....

Well I have lost five pounds in the last month. I am sooo happy about that, though I still have a little ways to go before I reach my goal. Yesterday I was talking about this with my sister, Mary. I have been changing up my workout routines. I am still running, but have added strength training to my routine. It is still early to say, but I think its helping me a lot. Additionally, I think that walking John to school everyday is helping too. It is only about 1/2 mile each way but two trips back and forth is two more miles of exercise a day for me.

I have also modified my diet a bit too. I have added protein and tried to cut out as much junk as I can. I kept asking myself how I could have gained 5 pounds this summer when I was running about 20 miles a week. I was eating fairly good (not as good as now) and I still gained. Well when I was talking to Mary it all became clear to me. I feel like now is a good time for the drum roll........ I was probably ingesting about one bag of chocolate chips a week. Oh my goodness. That sounds awful but terribly true. Throughout the day I would take a handful every now and again. I am sure this added up, literally.

I have always had a weakness for chocolate morsels. My mom tells a story about how when she was nine months pregnant with my sister and I was about two, she was feeling terrible. It was a 95 degree day and all she wanted to do was lie down. Well apparently I was not cooperating. She then gave me a handful of chocolate chips, and so began my terrible addiction! Well now that I have recognized the problem I must move on. No more chocolate chips for me!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

If you want to really rid yourself of them make sure you check the couch cushions and the sheets! ahahaha

jenny said...

too funny! i share the same um, addiction. it started when i was pregnant with tucker and i still have issues! love those chocolate chips!