Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thoughts for Thursdays

I am not quite sure what to say here, but I will try. I know it's Thursday so I should write about my thoughts but today is a really tough one. My friend has become very ill. Since hearing her news, a myriad of thoughts have come to mind.

Life is so precious and having your health is paramount. Without your health, nothing matters. However, it's so easy to get caught up in material things. Who doesn't get excited when they get something new? There's always something that I am hoping for albeit, a new camera or or something new for my house. Sometimes it's hearing sad stories that makes you refocus on and reexamine what's important to you.

People are key in our day to day life. Yet how often do we take our families and friends for granted? We think we are always going to see them. Very rarely to we think that on any given day, life can change it's course very quickly and without warning. Though our families and friends are critical in our day to day lives, there are others that play very simple but also key roles in our lives as well. There are so many people that impact us just on many different levels. We don't always have to see or talk to them daily but in some way they help to shape our lives. It is important to always know this and treat people special. They are what matters.

Hope and faith and faith are my strength. I have to believe in hope. I have to think that my prayers really matter. I have to believe a plan exists and it's for the best even if I don't know what it is.

My friend has a very long and difficult battle ahead. I have hope that this fight will be victorious. I will continue to pray.

6 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend... It's always a terrible thing when illness falls upon someone we love.

Zoe said...

i'm so sorry for your friend. she is lucky to have you by her side.

Happy Days said...

Amy, she is lucky to have you and all those girls to care about her. I am praying for her!!!

beanski said...

I will be thinking and praying for your friend. I've been thinking a LOT about this lately...in two weeks my mom has been to see a cardiologist TWICE and my dad has to have a biopsy on his prostrate. LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

jenny said...

carpe diem - that's how people should live. live each day to its fullest and appreciate the people in your life. your friend is lucky to have you by her side and we will all keep her in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am so Sorry for your friend! My thoughts and prayers are with her and you! You are so right in that sometimes we take our friends and families for granted and never think that anything bad is going to happen until it does. Thanks!