Monday, November 12, 2007

The mother of the year award goes to .....

my husband!!! Yes that's right. This morning, I slept until 8:00. Then I quickly got up and showered, as Matt had to be to preschool by 9:00. John got home from work while I was drying my hair. We had plans to take little John to breakfast, though Matt was not aware of this. If he knew, he would have clearly objected to going to school.

While I was getting ready, I asked John to make a quick peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Matt's lunch. When I went in the kitchen to assemble Matt's lunch, to my surprise was two Christmas tree cut-out pbj sandwiches! Matt said, Mom look at the Christmas tree sandwiches that Daddy made me." He then said, "Daddy you rock!" It really melted my heart. I love how John makes every little bit of time he has with these guys so special. It makes me so happy and proud. It also makes me realize that though, Christmas tree cut-out pbj's are not always practical and time prohibited, I sometimes rush to much. These guys are only going to be little once and for such a short time. I really need to soak this up and take more time out for the fun stuff. I want to "rock" too!

8 comments:

Kellan said...

He does rock - your husband. This was the sweetest story! I'm Kellan - nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

WOW! How Cute is he?? I have never even thought of Christmas Tree PB&J's.

Mary said...

That was a pretty good idea!

Jen said...

Aww. No fair. The dads get to swoop in, do one thing and "rock", while we rush around doing 1000 and we get to be mean mommy. You rock too!

Zoe said...

aww how cute. mark cuts the crust off...does that count?

Patois42 said...

Oooooh, I can use this to make my sandwich-making duties that much easier: no need to cut off the crust. Just cut a tree.

jenny said...

what a cute story. he is a real sandwich artist! heehee!

Michelle Leigh said...

That really is very sweet! I love hearing stories where dads are truly involved. My hubby is super involved. I love that. This is not a single mom deal and unfortunately, I think a lot of men don't pull their weight around the house. Thanks for sharing!