Saturday, August 30, 2008

Best brothers.... best friends....


These were taken at last week at the farm -
it's one of my favorite picture-taking spots.
It's really a gem.
I am thankful that Mary
took us there last year.
I am grateful that these guys aren't
just brothers but best friends.
Last week my elderly neighbor passed away.
While visiting his family last week I was
amazed by the remarkable
sibling relationship that exists between them.
They are a unique family
in that they are all elderly siblings,
living together.
For whatever reason, life brought them
back together later in life.
They all take such great care of each other.
I was truly touched as they spoke
about their deceased brother.
Even in their late years,
the family bond was so great.
I can only hope that my boys
are that close too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see such sibling love. They really do look like best friends.

Lisa said...

That too is my desire for my children. But it is not there. Maybe as they grow older, but I don't see a closeness there that I even had with my brothers. I just don't get it. So I am very jealous of what your boys have, and very happy that you have been able to instill that in them. You are a good momma!

just jamie said...

Awww...

kimmy said...

I wish the same for my children as well...

Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Amy - you have put into words that I have found myself thinking over and over again. I want nothing more than for my children to have a strong relationship that perserveres through everything that life brings their way (something neither hubby nor I have with our sisters.) And, as always, wonderful pictures!

Robyn said...

I hope they stay close too. I think sibling relationships ebb and flow.