Monday, April 28, 2008

Blame it on the carni's.....

The carnival is in town this week and of course it has brought the rain with it (and a host of other things, about which I won't blog). The carnival comes to town the same week every year and never failing, it rains every year. We went from sunny days with temps in the 70's and 80's last week to cold and rainy weather this week.

Tomorrow is John's birthday party with his all his buddies. Though his birthday was last week, it was school vacation. John chose his birthday theme to be a "Marine" party, (U.S. Marine Corp). I had a lot of fun games picked out to play - all with a military theme. So much for having the boys run around in the back yard! I am not sure indoors is suitable, but what can we do?

I am pleasantly reminded that you can't order up the weather (though perhaps prayers will work). I should go rethink the party agenda. When plan A isn't an option, chose plan B! (that is If I had a plan B!)

Note to myself: There is a strong correlation between carni's and rain. NEVER plan an out door event for the week the carnival is in town!

17 comments:

kim-d said...

I can feel your pain, Amy JEAN Kelly! I wish I could blame it on some nasty carni's but, unfortunately, it's just crazy Minnesota weather. I can't wait to see the great pix you're sure to take of my favorite red-headed boy's buddy birthday party. For some reason, Amy JEAN, I'm sure you'll come up with a GREAT Plan B :)!

Robyn said...

That stinks. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be nice.

kim-d said...

WOO-HOO! I was first.

And now second, too. I rock, on my anniversary :)!!!!

It does not take much to make me really happy...HAHA!

KG said...

The rain will make the marine activities so much more hard core, right? THat's what you tell the kids' parents when they are pissed off because they pick up their soaked and muddy kids.

Also, I TOTALLY remember the carnival when I was a kiddo. It was SOOO seedy. I think you just inspired me to do a blog entry!

AliBlahBlah said...

I've been away for awhile and have enjoyed catching up. The carnies are in town over here too, but they brought 97 ยบ heat which might almost be worse than rain!!

Jaime Cox said...

Oh my word, y'all have your birthdays the same month in that family:) hehe...
Grr... the rain, it won't stop here! I think right behind it: the INTENSE humidity!

Family Adventure said...

The weather always turns foul when I have an outdoor event planned. Why is that??

I'm sure your boy will have a great party, inside or ourside, however. His fab mommy will see to it. Plus photograph the show for her viewers, right?!

Heidi

Anonymous said...

damn carnie's! i hope you figure out something - my brain is numb right now so i do not have any great suggestions! they will have fun no matter what they do!

tricki_nicki said...

We're in Seattle so we NEVER plan anything outdoors. It's such a bummer - I feel for ya!

Do you guys have those bounce places where you live? They could maybe play recon mission or something...

Mari said...

I've noticed that the weather is also always crummy during spring break! I'm sure you will come up with a plan B and it will be fun!

Michelle Leigh said...

Damn carni's. I hope it doesn't spoil the party too much. Seems April is being evil to us all!

Happy Days said...

Hey, I think I am seeing some sun trying to break through the clouds. Prayers do work!!!

Mary said...

Please take Thoams' new sneakers off before letting him go play in the mud today........Thanks!

It's looking a little brighter out there. From what I can see from my cubicle any way.

Ice Cream said...

It always rains when we have vaction time from school or work.
And I have learned that there needs to be a plan A, B, C, all the way to F for EVERYTHING we do.
I've met people who live plan A lives and I'm always jealous.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Rain rain go away come again another day. :) Good luck

Lisa said...

Hey, what games are you planning? My nephew is turning 10 in about a week and is having an Army theme for his. I was just wondering what you are going to do so I could tell my sister in law to give her some ideas as well. Hope it turns out great on Plan A.

jessica said...

same thing happened to me last week when planning our party. i wanted people to be outside and not crammed into my house. whattya do? have fun!