Saturday, March 1, 2008

A bit of inspiration......

This morning while sipping my coffee, I was watching some news. No, I was not blogging at the time! Since it was Saturday it was mostly what I call "filler" news. What do I mean by this, you might ask? Well when there isn't much news to report, (or news the media wants to report) they rerun yesterday's news or just "filler" stories.

Today they may have intended another story to be a "filler" segment, but I was pleasantly surprised - it was an amazing story! The story was about a high school boy who had tragically lost his arm in an accident when he was young. I should correct myself, because it wasn't simply about having one arm. Rather, it was about how he chooses to live his life, despite his loss. He played basketball for his high school team and he played awesome. Watching him shoot from the thee point line was fantastic. While the segment mainly focused on this boy overcoming adversity with respect to basketball, there is so much more to know about him. I realize this because my husband googled his name afterwards.
Here is a story he found on-line.

I am so inspired by his faith, positive outlook on life, and by the way he chooses to live life. While every day we are faced with negativity, it was nice to hear about something positive!

10 comments:

jenny said...

what a great story! he seems like such a cool kid!

Zoe said...

we just saw a cool story about a kid without arms and legs (he had nubbins) that was an all state wrestler! isn't it amazing!

Robyn said...

A great story.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That was a great article! Thanks for posting it! :)

kim-d said...

Don't you just love it when we get some positive news? I don't want to be an uninformed living-on-an-island type of person, but sometimes I just think I can't take any more negative news. Or at least news that has been "spun" to be negative. I love it when stories like these are told. And I love it that you share, Amy.

Have a great Sunday, my friend!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I never watch the news anymore, but when I do, I love hearing the good positive stories.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You avoided the snow? You are SOOO lucky! We got another foot ontop of the 9 feet we already have on the ground!!

Hallie

Amy said...

To me the "filler news" is usually better than the regular news anyway..:-)

KG said...

There was this show on Discovery Health Channel (which, by the way, I generally hate because it strikes me as a modern day freak show type thing). Anyway, the show was about these two girls who are conjoined twins . . . basically picture a body with two heads. One controls the left side, one controls the right. The thing that's wild about this is what they can do . . . the parents made the decision not to separate them because conjoined, they were able to walk, ride a bicycle, and play sports (things they would never be able to do separated). They could DRIVE - and play VOLLEYBALL. Isn't that amazing? It blew my mind . . . talk about something that rewrites the book on cooperation!

Man . . . if I were a conjoined twin, my twin would probably have killed me off long ago.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love uplifting tales like that. LOVE it.