Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lilies for a Day and Thank you....

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your gift to us - that is your flowers. They continue to thrive and mark the season. While the weather has not cooperated, instinctively your lilies know what to do. They are flourishing in abundance. They are the color on a blank canvas. They exude beauty and happiness. You have given us all a gift. Your love and passion for gardening crosses the generations - it is a family thing. While you are not here sharing the season with us, I know you are happy looking down on it all. We are working busily to paint this canvas - all of us. Soon the rich, vibrant colors, will arrive. Their presence bears beauty and strength. In a few months, each day, a new blossom will show it's face. They will make their beautiful presence and then be gone. They are more than pretty - they bring hope. Their vibrancy is something to which I look forward. Their delicacy is something I respect. I long to see them burst open each day. They are amazing.


Beyond your flowers and your nature lessons, you showed us all a different perspective. Additionally, I thank you for that too. You pointed out the beauty in nature's littlest wonders. You showed a way to look at nature's color and texture unlike any way I may have known. Thank you for these and many other things.


Love,

Amy (on behalf of the gang)

25 comments:

just jamie said...

super sweet ... and my goodness you are so good with the camera.

Amy said...

What a beautiful photo Amy and an equally beautiful letter...I had to laugh at the post below..I said the same thing to my husband about not believing the whole global warming thing....hellloooo summer where R U...LOL

Mari said...

Those flowers are beautiful. I don't know the story behind them, but can tell they are a great reminder of Nancy.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Those flowers are gorgeous

kim-d said...

The sentiments you expressed in this post are as beautiful as those flowers, Amy. Truly beautiful.

Robyn said...

Your flowers are out like that already. My lilies are just leaves right now. Great Photo.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That was beautiful. Flowers truly ARE the gift that keeps on giving.

KG said...

What a gorgeous yard! I'm so jealous as I have the black thumb of death . . .

Kellan said...

Lovely letter and lovely lilies!!

Nice to see you Amy - take care - Kellan

Angela said...

It is the little things that make this world so beautiful

dianna said...

Beautiful photo...
Beautiful post*!*

Misty said...

BEAUTIFUL flowers.

LZ Blogger said...

I love the flowers! THX! ~ jb///

Family Adventure said...

Lovely, Amy. I'm sure Nancy is smiling down at you.

Heidi

kimmy said...

My neighbor has a beautiful flower garden too and it so nice to see all the different colors that continue to bloom all season!

Beautiful picture!

Kimmy

Michelle Leigh said...

Great pic! Beautiful flowers. I can't wait until my lilies bloom. Seems like forever!

Amy said...

I can't take credit for this photo. We don't know who took it and gave it to Nancy. It is, however, her flower garden.

Bogart said...

Very cool...and nice shot!

Casdok said...

Beautiful! :)

Mom said...

What a sweet post!

shay said...

lovely!
I love the photo. What kind of camera do you have?

CC said...

They are just lovely! And what a tribute!

Melissa said...

beauitful flowers... I can't wait till ours finally start to bloom

Kellan said...

Thanks for coming by, Amy - have a good weekend - Kellan

Ice Cream said...

Those colors are fantastic.

I hope that when I leave this earth I will leave something as preciousl as this behind me.