Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stockings, John, reindeer & the Odd Lot

Just some random thoughts to mention today. Have I mentioned how insane my husband becomes at this time of year. He's definitely not a Scrooge. No way! In fact, it's the contrary. He is so into Christmas that he's been out more times shopping than me. I have no idea what he's buying. I actually think he just enjoys being out shopping. Maybe he's not even buying much. It's kind of good though because, he'll pick things up for me while he's out. For instance, I needed new stockings for the mantle this year because we can't find our old ones! Well I wanted them all to match and did not want to spend a small fortune on the department store ones or Pottery Barn. I just wanted plain red and white fluffy ones. I actually found the last two the other day at Stop and Shop. Then John scored another one at the S & S on the other side of town. It was the last one they had. Today he found the final one while shopping about twenty miles away. It figures, they had tons of them. So there you have it, we now have new stockings and they were only $3.99 each.

Now for the reindeer part.... Today John went to the Job Lot or "Odd Lot" as I refer to it. It's kind of like a bargain or surplus store. They have some good finds, but mostly junk. He called me from there to ask me if 400 count sheets were good. I said they can be good, but I actually just bought 600 counts sheets last week, as I had a very old credit to Linens and Thing. We needed sheets desperately (10 years of marriage and you start needing new everything whether you want it or not, things are wearing out!!!) My new ones are like heaven. I love them. Well getting back to the John, the Odd Lot and sheets. He called to tell me that they had really cool reindeer, 400 count sheets, and did I want a set!!!! Are you freakin kidding me, John?!?!? Perhaps they would feel the void for him as he had a non-hunting year season. Or does he just want to sleep with Bambi? In any event I said no I just bought new sheets. He then chimes, "can't we always use another set?" I said, "fine just get them!" So he did. I now have a brand new set of reindeer 400 count sheets. Isn't it just what you always wanted? Don't ask Santa for them just go to your nearest Odd Lot. If not, let me know and I am sure John can pick you up a set!!!

11 comments:

Zoe said...

can i borrow him?

Mary said...

"while visions of reindeer danced in their heads"
Ha! can I so bust him on the sheets tomorrow morning?!?!

Mary said...

oh man, my last comment sounded dirty! You know what I mean though.........tease him about his purchase?!?

Happy Days said...

mary, you are dirty little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

how funny!!!

girlymom said...

Great find there- it's not everyday you find reindeer sheets! At least when you put them on your bed you will be reminded that your Hubby was thinking of you- right?! My Hubby works way too close to a huge mall- STAY OUT DARN IT!!

Maria said...

My husband hates to shop. I wish he would like it at least a little! Mary's comment was SOOOO funny!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Sounds similar to Mark. Except he buys "stuff" at our local Walgreens. Stuff we really dont need. "But it's on sale!!!".

REindeer sheets? Do they come in King Size? :)

Kellan said...

What a funny story about the sheets - your husband is a hoot! See ya. Kellan

Patois42 said...

I'm thinking that John had already bought the sheets and so kept after you until you agreed that he should buy them. Smart man.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.