Sunday, December 16, 2007

A bit of this and that...

Well it was another snow day here. My husband worked and my boys were at their grandparents house for last night and today. Though I missed them all, it was a nice day. That is, it was nice after I finished shoveling heavy rain soaked snow and lots of it, for 2 and a half hours. Then a snow plow came by and knocked a lot of the snow back onto the sidewalk!!! UGH! Oh well, enough complaining for me!

I apologize for not posting my peanut butter ball recipe for those of you who requested it. I figured it was only fitting to post it since, I will be turning out a ton of them this week.

1lb. bag of milk chocolate
1 18oz. jar of peanut butter
2 & 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
2 stick butter very soft but NOT melted
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring

Mix peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, butter, and vanilla with mixer until completely blended. Form a big ball and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for a couple of hours.
After the mixture has chilled scoop the mixture with a teaspoon or small baller and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Melt the chocolate and add some cooking oil to thin it out a bit. Dip the peanut butter balls until they are completely covered with chocolate and set them back on the wax paper. Chill in the refrigerator until hardened. I also like to put them into the freezer, as they are very good frozen too. I usually give them as gifts and put them in cellophane bags. Enjoy!

I am also going to make these for John's classmates.

5 comments:

Kellan said...

Snow, snow everywhere and not a drop for me! These sound yummy - thanks for the recipe. See you later. Kellan

Michelle Leigh said...

Wow, those sugarplum drops look so cute. I think I may have to make a batch for the neighbor kids! Thanks for the fantastic idea. We got snow a few weeks ago, but it's still here. It's cold too! Ick.

jenny said...

oh, i think i have to try your version of the peanut butter balls! i love anything with peanut butter and chocolate! yum!

girlymom said...

Yum yum yum, these sound great. I will link you on my recipe exchange blog- check it out.

NH Yocal said...

This sounds awesome! I am a peanut butter freak. Anything and everything with PB is good.