Monday, September 8, 2008

A first....



Today was Matt's first day of Kindergarten.
I can hardly believe that this day has come and gone.
It seems like just yesterday I was praying
that he would finally sleep through the night!
I just don't know where the time has gone.
I do know that since I became a mother,
time just flies.
Before I had children,
one week seemed like a long time.
Now one year goes by in a blink -
five years has just flashed before me.
One comforting thought is that Matt
is pretty comfortable about school.
I think he's pretty proud of himself.
I only hope that the next twelve
school years will just slow done a bit.
I am not wishing them away at all!

7 comments:

Mari said...

They do go fast. Jut keep enjoying them - it's too easy to keep waiting for something else and wishing them away.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

AMEN sister! they FLY... I am about to put on my blog... what my 20 yr old did today :) give me a few and come see!

Robyn said...

He does look ready. I can't believe how fast time goes now.

jenny said...

aaah, too cute! seriously, where does the time go?

Michelle Leigh said...

Ahhh, what a bittersweet day! Annika starts preschool today and I was up half the night thinking about it. I'm more nervous than she is! I hope he had a great day and you got to relax a bit!

kimmy said...

I know exactly how you feel...it is sad, but exciting at the same time!

Kimmy

Lisa said...

And I am here to tell you that it will NOT slow down. You have to make it slow down once in a while though. My youngest is 24 and I too remember bringing her home from the hospital and all those little joys. Now I deal with heavy issues like finances and bad boyfriends plus college and work. Where did the simple days go? I think about my parents in their
70's, if time flies this fast for me, I can't imagine what it must be like for them. I think about them and think, wow, they could be gone in just 10-20 years,I better spend as much time with them as I can and cherrish every moment. Life is precious. And meeting you and getting to know you and your talents has been one of those precious moments I treasure.