Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

I am sure you are, but Joe Biden - well that's another story. Just in case you haven't heard about his latest gaff (rest assured if it was Sara Palin who said this, there's no question you would have heard about it). Here's how it goes.....Biden was speaking about the turmoil in the financial markets. He was speaking about the role of the White House in a financial crisis. "Part of what being a leader does is to instill confidence is to demonstrate what he or she knows what they are talking about and to communicating to people ... this is how we can fix this," Biden said. "When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just tak about the princes of greed. " Biden told Katie Couric. He said, 'look, here's what happened.'"

Um, what's wong here? Just in case you don't believe me. Check this out
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um . . . I may not have done tremendously well in history, but I am pretty sure FDR was not president the day the stock market crashed (unless he is talking about a different 'Black' day) and that the television hadn't even been invented yet!

I sometimes find myself paying attention to what Biden says just to get a good laugh.

Mari said...

Even I know that is not how it went with FDR. Fishsticks has it right. I notice Katie didn't say a thing though. You are right - If Sarah P had said that we would never hear the end of it.

Lisa said...

Man I am glad someone out there knew what mistake to catch because I didn't catch it. I get a good laugh out of all this stuff, we need to limit how soon they can start running and how many adds can be on TV etc. I am getting pretty tired of it all. But I do think this is going to be a very close race. People better wake up and take notice.....and vote!

jessica said...

the way he talks just confuses me. it's a big raaammmbbblle.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ TOO FUNNY!!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ah, yes. Tis the season of open mouth, insert arm. :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It was funny alright. Still, I think SP is probably still ahead in the gaffe department.

Your photo shoot was wonderful. I love the 2008 in the sand.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

KEEP BELIEVING