Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Photography 101....

I should preface this post by saying we had monsoon-like rains at dinner-time.
Without warning the sky turned black and the winds and rain blew in rapidly.
Thunder and lightening ensued.
The boys were a bit frightened.
I told them that before you know it, the rain will be over and the sun will be shining.
We'll probably even see a rainbow.
My prophecy came true.
The rain ended.
The sun came out.
While I was running along the beach, a rainbow appeared.
Finishing my run, I quickly made it home.
I replaced my dead camera battery and headed back across to the beach.
Not only was there a rainbow, but a magnificent sun-set too!
I began to snap away - my replacement battery was dead too!
Note to myself - always charge my batteries!!!

15 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Crap crap crap... bet you said more then just that. The pic's would have been awesome

Life As I Know It said...

I just posted about today's storm. We got hail north of Boston!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Good Tip! We've been getting to much rain too. We need some sunshine for a few days to get hay off of the fields.

Laski said...

UGH!!!! So FRUSTRATING. I'll just picture it all in my head :)

tricki_nicki said...

Oh no! Don't you just HATE that!?

Robyn said...

SHOOT! I had that moment yesterday, when I wish I had brought my camera.

Mari said...

Oh man - I've had that happen to me too. Sorry you missed the shot. I would have liked to have seen it.

Lisa said...

I was expecting to see the pictures too. Never expected that ending to the story. Oh well, you painted a very pretty picture in my head.

dianna said...

Such a horrible feeling*!*

But you know, as much as it bites, those moments that I can't get the shot, for some reason my mind takes the most beautiful mental shots. (but it still totally bites*!*)

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Oh that just stinks that they were both dead!

Bogart said...

I am sad...for me as much as for you.

kimmy said...

That stinks. There was a beautiful rainbow over Portland yesterday. It was a nice sight to see after the sky had turned so black. Those were some pretty fierce thunder storms!

Kimmy

just jamie said...

Aw, bummer. I was so hoping to see this moment, especially through your eyes. Dang it.

kim-d said...

Bummer, Bamy JEAN. However, what I am so impressed with is that you were RUNNING ON THE BEACH. Seriously! Good for you for continuing your running. As far as those two dead batteries go? I'll bet THAT never happens again :)!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my heavens....that is sooooooooooo my worst nightmare....the running I mean! LOL
just kidding...sort of. I am not sure if I'd rather run....or have two dead batteries when a rainbow appears??????

hugs!