Monday, December 10, 2007

Have a laugh on me....

it's all on me today. I don't hope you're having bad day today but if you are, you'll surely have a smile when you here this one. Here goes..... Well the weather today is less than desirable. You might say, it's icy as hell out there. Well maybe not... that sounds like an oxymoron to me. (trust me I am the moron today!!!) In any event, it's pretty darn icy hear today!!! There's lots of black ice. Having said that, I carefully loaded Thomas and Matthew in the truck this morning to take Matthew to preschool. I did them one by one, as I am very fearful of falling, especially with the baby. Thankfully, I got them in the car safely.

Now let me rewind. Before I went out, I was reaching for my boots in the closet and banged my head. The kind of bang that knocked me backwards and I sort of saw stars for about 30 seconds. Lisa and Mary, you can just keep laughing!!!! Well then with a headache, I proceeded to bundle the boys up. We were detoured a a few minutes, as Thomas had a bad diaper. I changed the diaper and we were off. Though, I still smelled the diaper, I figured it was just rather pungent. Afterwards, I took the diaper out to the trash and began loading them in the truck.

I am all caught up with this story. The boys are in the truck. The diaper is on the sidewalk with the trash because it's trash days. Yes, bringing all our trash out to the sidewalk was also a small feat on this icy day. In any event, we were all unscathed by the ice or should I say they were, and I almost was. While getting into the truck, I stepped on the running board. Alas, I fell backwards!!! Oh and it gets better. I get in the truck and Matt, proclaims.... "mom you have a huge bruise on your cheek, mommy!!!" I tell him I can't, because I didn't hit my cheek. He says, "oh yes you do!!!" I then look in the rear-view mirror. Oh my goodness, it's not a bruise, it's sh@#!!! Well there you have it, now I knew why I still smelled that damn diaper. Oh what a day!!!! By the way, I have had a splitting headache all day!!!

13 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Love this story. LOVE IT.

I left you some bloggy bling. Hope you don't mind. :)

Lisa Ryan said...

sorry you had such a sh@##y day!
somedays all you can do is see the humor, and you definitely did that.
:-)

shay said...

I am rolling! This is so something that would happen to me!

Sorry about the s@#tty day lol

jenny said...

hahaha! you were s#@tfaced! hahaha!

Patois42 said...

Thank you. I believe I shall bookmark this post for a day when I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Keeping It Real said...

Bad Mondays are so common they're cliche, but they still happen, don't they?

Kellan said...

That was a bad day - but funny for us to hear about! I have hit my head like that - hard - and the sh** word always comes out of my mouth! Hope your headache you are feeling better. Take care. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. I hope your day goes better. It was icy here in Michigan, too.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Poor Girl! Hopefully today will be better!

AliBlahBlah said...

OMG I literally laughed out loud at my desk (respectable office manager cover totally blown). You're officially not a Mum until you've had poop on your face!!

Jenny - I laughed at the shitfaced comment - very apt!

Badness Jones said...

Oh! Poor you! Why do mommies have to take all this sh*t?!

Zoe said...

EWWWWW! shit face!!! hahaha!!! it's way icy here too :(

NH Yocal said...

You really had me there for awhile, I kept thinking up things as I was reading along but the last line, totally surprised me. I am sorry you had a bad day though. Hope it got better.