Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Poison Ivy, Fruit Flys, and "Pain Needles"...

Well I guess it wouldn't be July if I didn't have Poison Ivy and alas I have it!
Apparently I must have contacted it when I was doing yard work last week.
I am sure I got it from cutting stuff along my neighbor's fence - Ugh!!!
Tonight John and I were sitting on the porch,
having a glass of wine, when fruit flies were
committing suicide in our glasses!
They just appeared in masses to end their lives in our wine!
Sounds gross but it was true.
They kept flying into our glasses and drowning - Gross!!!
Lastly, John has been suffering from sharp pains in his legs.
I am sure they are growing pains but he calls them "pain needles".
This all started when he was about 4 and had growing pains.
He confused the pains with the feeling of numbness, aka pins and needles.
Since then he has called these pains, pain needles -
a combination of "pins and needles" and "growing pains".
and because I felt like posting a picure -
here's Abby!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck on the poison ivy! I hope it clears up soon! And poor John and his 'pain needles'! I was wondering what age kids start becoming aware of their growing pains - Maren seems to rub at her joints and long bones often, always leading me to wonder if she is growing.

And Abby . . . WHAT. A. DOLL!

Kellan said...

I had poison ivy last year and it was so bad it left scars on my legs!! Good luck with yours.

Darling picture of Abby - darling!

See you - Kellan

Are You Serious! said...

♡ I've never had poison ivy thank heavens and I can't imagine having it either! I hope you feel better soon and not so itchy! :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

For some reason, this whole entry just made me smile. Normal everyday life AND an awesome pic!

Hallie

Robyn said...

My stepson has had the pain needles. He got them really bad between 10-11 years old. He seemed to always be in pain. He hasn't said anything as of late, but I'm sure he's still growing. I hope John grows fast and they go away.
That stinks about the poison ivy and the wine.

jenny said...

oooh - poison ivy - not good! hope you can contain the itch and it heals up quick! fruit flies are nasty. hope those pins and needles subside soon for john! poor kid!

abby is adorable! :)

Leslie Collins said...

Hope your poison ivy goes away soon. No fun!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

oH,you poor thing! My sister has a terrible time with that stuff.

I've never had it...

kim-d said...

Oh, I don't like to hear about my favorite red-headed boy experiencing pain needles. Plus, just reading those words makes me have sympathy pain needles for him :)! Lovin' that picture of Abby; looks like she's a little bit "over" getting her picture taken for the day, huh? BWAHAHAHA! It's tough to be beautiful and photogenic!

I miss you. I'm thinking the time management will be better after this week, so don't forget about me!

kimmy said...

Sorry to hear about the poisin ivy. That can be tough. I hope it goes away quickly for you!

I don't even know what the hell it looks like!

Kimmy

just jamie said...

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

(Just felt like saying that.) Love that Abby.

Kellan said...

Hey Amy - Have a great weekend - Kellan

Lisa said...

I HATE poison ivy and I am VERY allergic to it. And the " pain needles" sound very painful as well. And of course the picture of Abby is adorable. She is one of the cutest little girls ever.