Sunday, July 13, 2008

One-Eyed Willy and Miracle Rides....





Matt attended a one week camp at his alma mata, Helping Hands Preschool. The theme of the camp was, of course, Pirates. When I picked him up on the final day, the teachers told me that he kept one of his eyes shut the entire day! Each child was asked to chose a Pirate name, and Matt picked "One-Eyed Willy". Matt lived up to his name - I wouldn't expect anything less.
Switching gears - yesterday on the way to the beach, Matt and John were talking. Matt told John that he didn't like Miracle Rides and the Miracle Ride music. It took me a few seconds to figure out what he meant. In case you're wondering, we passed a restaurant that had a Merry-Go-Round. Go figure - he thought they were called Miracle Rides. Thank goodness he will be having a hearing test this week at the ear doctor!

8 comments:

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I think a Merry Go Round could sometimes be considered a Miracle Ride - in the right fairy tale like setting.

When I read the One-eyed willy title I gotta admit I was a bit afraid. I have heard that term used for, ahem, something else before.

KEEP BELIEVING

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

One-Eyed Willy looks GREAT!

kim-d said...

Oh my! One-eyed Willy, huh? BWAHAHAHA. Yeah, I guess angie@keepbelieving and I have been hanging out in the same places. So, rather than saying "why, yes, I DO love me a cute little One-eyed Willy" and then laughing hysterically like the immature person I am, I will just say that Matt is the cutest little pirate ever. BWAHAHAHAHA!

One-eyed Willys and Miracle Rides. For a while, I thought I had the wrong blog :).

Love you, Amy JEAN Kelly :)!

Mari said...

That is the cutest pirate ever! I love his name.

Lisa said...

I agree with Mari, that IS the cutest pirate ever! You all better hide that kid in the closet, the girls are going to be chasing him down before long.

I just love it when you post pictures of your family, you can not post too many. Well I hope that is how you feel about me posting all the pictures of my grandkids. =)

shay said...

I love your little pirate. what a character!

Oh how cute is "miracle ride" lol

Robyn said...

Has he seen Goonies? He is too stinkin' cute.

Anonymous said...

I saw these pictures the other day and fell in love with them, but only had a sec then and didn't comment. He is SOOOOOO adorable!