Monday, September 15, 2008

A little bitch & a few summer favorites....



These are just a few pictures that I came across tonight.
They were taken last month. I am glad I stumbled upon them.

While some of you may be wondering why I used the "b" word -I'll tell you. You may remember this. Some times Matt confuses words with similar sounds. The other day John and I had taken Matt out to breakfast a couple of days before he started Kindergarten. Matt has some extra "salty" taste buds and always wants us to salt his food. Of course, we do not. We don't even know how his liking for salt even evolved, as we don't even have a salt shaker at the table. In any event, on this day, Matt asked John to salt his eggs. John said he didn't need any as they would taste just fine with out it. Matt went on to plead his case, asking once again. In his little convincing voice, he asked "please can I have a little salt, just a little bitch of salt!" He meant a "pinch" of salt. Hopefully his mixing up of similar sounding words will get remedied in Kindergarten!

17 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

Oh my gosh...thank you for sharing. I needed a good laugh.

Mari said...

That's funny! Our youth pastor's daughter had a hard time with the T sound and often replaced it with a F sound. He had a few embarrassing moments when she mispronounced a word several times at church. The word was truck and you know what it sounded like when she put in an F instead!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Cute!!! love the picture and love the story... :)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ That's hilarious!!! :)

Don Mills Diva said...

Cute!

I love that second picture - classic!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you told the story, for I was really wondering where the "b" word was coming from. cute pictures, and a great story to keep forever.

Abbie said...

HAHHAHAHAH Ohhh so cute!!

Laski said...

"Hopefully his mixing up of similar sounding words will get remedied in Kindergarten!"

But until then, it should be interesting . . .

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Life without salt IS A BITCH!!

Hallie :)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I used to know a little boy who had a similar problem - his big hang-up was 'truck' . . . and I am sure you can guess what he got that mixed up with! Needless to say, there was an awkward discussion with the babysitter until they figured out what was actually going on!

The boys are just too handsome - you and John make good babies!

jenny said...

that's awesome. :) great summer fav's too. they are too cute!

dianna said...

Adorable photos*!*

It's always a nice little giggle when they get those sounds mixed up :)

Anonymous said...

Cute...but

And here I thought you were gonna bitch about politics again! I was all excited for a good rant! You've been my partner on that front lately!

As always, the boys... adorable

Alice said...

oh. my. goodness. That is hilarious!Hil.ari.ous!!!

Robyn said...

Ha, that was good. I love that middle photo. The expression gets me.

Bogart said...

that is great...although, maybe he is very sly and just starting to find ways to slip in bad words.

tricki_nicki said...

HA HAAA!

That is classic! It's a really good thing you have a blog, because that's one for the books!