Saturday, July 26, 2008

Here goes.........

Okay people, I'm seriously risking my life here. It's probably a really good thing that I'm in the process of moving an additional 20 min from Amy.

Before we go any further I need to point out that I did not do this alone and will not go down alone. My Mother provided with these great pictures and I consulted with my sister Lisa for some of these answers.

Amy at 3 months old (my all time favorite of her!)........Hallie over at WWOW wants to know the grossest thing Amy ever ate. Amy HATES peas and one night when she was little she was told she couldn't leave the dinner table until she had a few bits of her veggies...........peas. My Dad never demanded such a thing ever again since she puked at the table while having a few bites of those veggies!
Another time she ate something horrible was when she was preggers with little John. We were driving and she reached in her pocket for a piece of candy. The next thing I know she's yelling at me to pull over. She did not bite into a piece of candy but rather a prenatal vitamin! Those of you that have taken these vitamins know how bad they are to swallow as quickly as possible never mind chewing them! Yuck!

Lisa J wants to know.........
1. How many kids in our family? There are three of us. In order, Amy, Lisa and Mary.
2. What is her favorite thing to do when the hubby and the kids aren't around? Blogging and getting a pedicure.
3. Does she make her bed every day? Yup she does!
4. Did she ever sneak out while living at home? Not to mine or my sister Lisa's knowledge. We grew up in a very small house that would be next to impossible to sneak out of without waking Big D!
5. Did I ever blackmail her with anything? Ummm, is this blackmail??
6. What will she say when she finds out you did this? I don't know because I'll probably be dead!

Amy just over a year old.........Michelle wants to know what the craziest think Amy ever did as a teenager. I really don't know. Sorry :( She also wanted to know if I ever had a crush on any of her boyfriends. Yup, I did. This guy that she went to the prom with. I used to love him and still remember his phone number to his mother's house! (weird, I know!) He was super kind to me. I was probably only around 8 or 9 when she dated me. Yeah, I was the annoying little sister!
Jenny wants to know if Amy ever did anything illegal and got arrested. No, she's never been arrested. She's married to law enforcement, remember? She did use a fake ID once and got it taken at the door.

Margaret, to my knowledge she did not keep a diary. So therefore I never read it. I did however use to love when she'd leave notes lying around from when she was in school! I use to feel super sneaky when reading them! And I'm not sure when her first kiss was however I do remember the first time I caught her making out with someone. I have been scarred for life ever since!

Mari, Amy never got into trouble. She was a gooda gooda :)

Kim-D, Amy gives me advice ALL the time and it's all valuable! She got good intuition :) The best advice she use to give me was probably when I was in college though. I hated college and struggled with it because I didn't want to be there. She spent countless hours on the phone with me while I'd cry talking me through things.
2. What do I like most about her? Her sense of humor. It's different than many would suspect. It's good, it's dirty and I love it!
3. What bugs me the most about her? (She's gonna kill me again!) Her disorganization.
4. Lisa, do we think she's as awesome as Kim thinks she is?
5. The age difference goes a little something like this........Amy is two year older than Lisa and Lisa is 5 years older than me. That makes Amy 7 years older than me! And I love being the baby!

Here's Amy circa 1983........And 1987.........
Amy being defiant. "I will not smile for the camera!"Well people that does it! It's been nice knowing you all. I'm going into hiding now!

26 comments:

Happy Days said...

Did you have to include 1987?!?!? That was a really rough year!

Mari said...

You did great! It was so fun reading this and I don't think you'll get into trouble because it appears Amy doesn't really have anything to hide!
PS - Hi Amy - welcome back. We've had such fun while you've been gone!

Happy Days said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

They do have a federal witness protection program you might want to consider...wait, you weren't a witness for the Feds darn it. You're on your own now...run Mary, run, when Amy gets home you better be far far away.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. It is wonderful to get to see the lives of the people we talk to nearly everyday through this blog world. You all were such a cute group of girls and I had a feeling she was a good girl growing up. She has gotten prettier with age too. She was cute, cutier, and when I see her pictures now, she is a beautiful lady. Maybe that is also due to her beautiful insides coming out. Oh wait, that sounds gross..I mean she is beautiful inside and out. I want to thank you, your sister and your momma for doing this. What a great sister you are.

Amy, you are truly blessed to have such a great family. I could only wish to have two great sisters as you do.

I don't have anybody to "hijack" my blog...




THANK GOODNESS.

kim-d said...

Hey Mare! And you, too, Lisa! You girls did a GREAT job and, if I was Amy, I'd be secretly very touched about the two of you doing this! And ya know what? I just had a feeling her sense of humor was just exactly as you say it is! I didn't think it was possible but now I love her even more :). And I certainly know who Little John looks like! But just in case Amy doesn't feel as warm and fuzzy about all this as I do, I was also going to suggest the Federal Witness Protection Program, just like lisaj did! You might wanna get started on that NOW, before Amy JEAN gets home. BWAHAHAHAHA.

It's been nice knowing you both, Mary and Lisa! :)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

lol adorable!!!!! I always figured she was just as nice as she has been here on her blog!
I am sure you will live dont hide too long little sister!

Jaime Cox said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures! I can see so much of her boys, as well as both Thomas and Lisa's kids in her and the both of you. I agree with everyone else in that you all are the best - everytime I think of the relationship that I want for my children, I think of the three of you.

Welcome home, Amy!

BlueBella said...

Mary you are a ROCK STAR! I LOVE this post! You can come hide at my house til Amy calms down, but I don't know why she'd be upset, you put her in the kindest light:) You all are amazing sisters, it's such a special gift to know you all!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the last pic! ROFL! She is sooo gonna kill you! Make sure you record her response to her seeing all your posts!! That would be great! :)

Robyn said...

That last shot is awesome. Funny my parents did the same thing to me with liver, and I did the same thing as Mary, never had to eat that again.

just jamie said...

Mary, you are SO busted! (But if you're not yet, can you tell us how it all turns out?) KThanksBye.

jessica said...

that wasn't so bad! that is super!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

This is so cool. What a cool family blog all of you guys have!

I didn't smile for the photos at school either! :-)

Mom said...

OOHHHH you are in so much trouble ! :) but thanks for the laughs.

kimmy said...

I love this post! Great job!

Kimmy

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

oh wow! hilarious!!!! i love it!!

ps AMY i am back - loved all your new photos!!!

omg - that was so much fun!

a-licious
in amy's hizzzzzouse

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Mary,

I think you did your sister proud!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh this was fun! And you are so BUSTED!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. I am never letting my little sister guest blog like she has asked to. Never.

Our Crooked Tree said...

87 is the best!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ That was really fun to read! :)

Beth said...

Great post! I love that she was a gooda gooda as you put it! lol

tricki_nicki said...

That was so cute! But remind me to NEVER give you the password to my blog.

kim-d said...

I miss you, Amy JEAN Kelly.

Angela said...

Awsome post