Friday, February 15, 2008

Taking Care of Business....

I have been slacking with respect to my homework lately!!! The other day I was tagged by Lizzy to write 6 quirky things about myself! This shouldn't be too hard to do, as I could probably list 100!

Here goes...

1. I love the smell of Pinesol. I always like the way my house smells after I have used it on the kitchen floor, sinks, and toilets. Perhaps sometimes, its' just a sensory illusion but whenever I have just cleaned with it, people will say your house is so clean! Again, sometimes I think its just an attack on the senses, people! Sometimes I just have the bottle opened on the kitchen counter and they still say it. Oh well.

2. My mood has been known to be afftected by a bad hair day! Though I have made strides to rid myself of this affliction, I should work harder. Either that or just make sure I don't have bad hair days!!!

3. I love the smell of Tide Simple Pleasure Lavendar and Vanilla fabric softener so much that I will actually rewash my clothes if I forget to put it in the washer the first time! Note I only do that on delicates that don't go in the dryer. Otherwise, I will just use the fabric sheets!

4. I do not like flourescent lighting. I won't even look in a mirror in a public bathroom if the lighting is bad. Yes this is weird, I know!

5. I absolutely have to have a blanket on me if I am watching t.v. on the couch!

6. I guess I am a utensil snob! I will only use a teaspoon to eat anything that requires a spoon, ie yogurt, icecream, soup, cereal. I will not use a regular spooon! Similarly I can only eat dinner with a dinner fork, not a dessert fork!


Additionally, I was tagged by Jessica a little while back.
Here are the RULES:
Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.

The book is The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson.

"Why didn't you write back.... or call? Let's talk later. When Mom came into relieve me at six, we went to IHOP and ate plates of syrup-sogged pancakes."

If any one else wants to participate in these game, consider yourself tagged!

19 comments:

shay said...

hmmm pinesol! Thanks for the tip. I wonder if they still say it when there are stacks of obvious disorder around? I must try it lol.

Oh and I call it "hag lighting" nasty stuff!

I am a utensil and cup snob so I understand!

kim-d said...

Awww, Amy, thank you for the comment that was so touching to me! Isn't it funny how, through this blogging thing, you can feel close to people who are, in a way, strangers...but yet they're NOT strangers???? You know what I mean! It has really been such a good thing for me, having all of these blogger friends--for some reason, I find it so easy to be who I really am; I don't feel as if I need to trot out any of those irritating defense mechanisms that everyone seems to need everyday. And it's so freeing!

I wonder if the voice you've assigned to me is anything like my real voice? HAHAHA! I can tell you that my voice is a little on the deeper side and I probably have at least a little of the distinctive Minnesota accent that doesn't really sound like it was portrayed in the movie "Fargo"!!! People usually couldn't tell my Mom and I apart on the phone--and I hope that was true because she had a good voice!

Okay, even though I'm writing you a book, I still have to say I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, too! I am so sorry now that I didn't go to a four-year college. But, on the other hand, it is a little irritating to me that just because I don't have a college degree there are some things that I would be good at that I will never be given the opportunity to try. Know what I mean?

And I share some of your quirks, too! Same with the utensils!! And my hair is my obsession--I'm not real vain about my looks, but my hair? O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D.!!! I have blankets on both the couch and love seat for TV watching, and I just found another I want to order. I'm not sure about your Tide Simple Pleasures Lavendar & Vanilla fabric softener--but I just invested in the WHOLE line of Tide Lemon Verbena products...hehehe! And I am so glad to know I'm not the only one who spells "clean" P-I-N-E-S-O-L! Finally, fluorescent lighting makes everyone look green, and it makes the hair look a strange color, too. I just love your quirks--HA!

Sorry about getting so carried away--I guess I'm having a very chatty day. YIKES! :)

Done now...I promise!

Mary Alice said...

I dunno Pinesol reminds me of my school bathroom.

kimmy said...

Thanks for sharing! I love to cuddle up with a blanket on the couch too! I usually don't share either!

Come on up to Maine. My sister is on her way up right now - you can hitch a ride with her (she's at Hanscom Air Force Base in Lexington)! The more the merrier!

Kimmy

just jamie said...

I love your random quirks. Truly random and perfect. It seem you have a thing for clean.

I've seen that page 123 one -- good idea, I think I'll try it.

Amy said...

both fun tags! I so can't do pinesol...or lemon pledge...don't know why but I'm hypersensitive to strong smells...totally agree about the blanket though...always have to be snuggly

Amy said...

Oh I always have to have a blanket too!!

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hey, Amy!

I think you did a superb job with your homework! A+!

My husband has the same feelings for pinesol that you do! His mom always cleaned with it, so to him, a clean house smells like pinesol!

I have never tried that Lavender Vanilla stuff, but you have me curious now! Isn't Lavender supposed to make you sleep well, or something?? I dunno!

Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for playing along with the meme! I love learning new things about all of you!

Lizzy

girlymom said...

We had family over yesterday for Lolo's bday and I ran around the house (seriously RAN, I set the timer and attacked) with Pledge...I don't think I really actually dusted anything, but the house smelled good and CLEAN. Quirky huh!

Have a wonderful weekend...

BlueBella said...

I'm totally with you on the blanket thing . . .I can't sleep without MY blanket! I never had one as a kid, but after I got divorced a very perfect blanky & I were introduced and then united in perfect, snuggly sleep. Now I can't live without it! I even panic when I wash it in the case I might forget to put the load in the dryer and come sleep time it still be wet! Problems? Yeah, I gots a few.

Anonymous said...

I think you and Scarlett share some quirks. Her hair is her barometer. If it's bad, watch out. Of course no one but her can decide if it's bad or not, so that makes for some fun surprises. Pinesol will always remind me of bootcamp. Seems like they used it for everything but body wash there. Fun stuff, thanks for visiting my weekend posts, btw.

OHmommy said...

You lost me at Pinsol. Do you like the orginal scent? Oh, heaven. I think I am going to wash my floors right now!

KG said...

I like the smell of gasoline which is way more strange. Oh, and I also hate flourescent light - for some reason, it makes my eyes bloodshot. I'm not sure what that's about.

junglemama said...

"I absolutely have to have a blanket on me if I am watching t.v. on the couch." So do I.

tricki_nicki said...

I love to hear about all the things that make us different and funny!

We decided to try to help the environment out and use fluorescent in the kitchen. I HATE it!! I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I am not doing it again.

kim-d said...

Hey Amy! Just had to come by and say have a great Sunday :)!!!

Amber said...

I am totally1-5! I wish it was all 6 but I will use whatever means necessary to get the food to my mouth!

stephanie said...

I refuse to look in the mirror in bathrooms with flourescent lighting too. Wash my hands with no peeking. Especially if I have not had enough sleep and I know it, or if I went out without makeup.

Funny how our quirkiness makes the world a smaller place!

Zoe said...

i love the smell of bleach.